Posted on Mar 31st, 2010 in Food Gold by admin
If you’ve been living the way we have the past few weeks, you are probably really excited to eat something healthy, elegant and simple. So, to help you all atone for your taco/Red Bull sins, we present to you a recipe for Broiled Salmon with Lemon Creme Fraiche and Dill. This is that weeknight dinner fly shit!
Broiled Salmon with Lemon Creme Fraiche/Dill
- 1 lb good quality salmon filet, skin on
- 2 tablespoons of Creme Fraiche with a good splash of fresh lemon juice squeezed in
- Three pieces of thinly sliced Lemon
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Splash Of Olive Oil
- Two Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Dill
1. Remove salmon fillet from fridge and let it come to room temperature, about 25 minutes
2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler on your oven
3. Before cooking, rub a little “schmeer” of olive oil into salmon flesh
4. Season flesh side of fish LIBERALLY (like socialized medicine liberal) with salt
5. Coat salmon sides/top with lemony creme fraiche, using a spatula or your hands
6. Add chopped dill to creme fraiche/olive oil mixture
7. Arrange thinly sliced lemon pieces on top of the salmon, these are going to roast up beautifully if you cut them thin
8. Throw Salmon into screaming hot broiler, about six inches away from the heat source and broil for approx 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, turn so other side gets close to the flame and cook for approx 4 minutes. The outside should have a lovely carmelized sorta look to it. Remember the heat from the oven will still continue cooking the fish even after it is removed so if it looks a little pink in the inside, don’t trip.
9. Remove roasted lemons from the salmon and juice them on to the fish.
10. Enjoy! You just made a sexy ass entree!
Fork The World,