Elliot gets Hawaiian with Telephoned in a special seasonal episode of Food Gold. Whip up some macadamia nut “snowball cookies” of your own for the holidays! (And download Telephoned’s free EP of Xmas jams to bump in the kitchen while yer at it.)
HAWAIIAN MACADAMIA NUT SNOWBALL COOKIES
- 2 cups butter, unsalted
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 5 cookie sheets with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla and coconut extract.
3. Sift flour and salt together.
4. Slowly add to the butter mixture.
5. Add nuts. Mix until blended well.
6. Roll into small, bite sized balls (about 3/4 of an ounce or 2 tablespoons). I like to use a small #40 portion disher (small, 3/4 ounce sized, ice cream scoop) and place 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until slightly golden.
8. While still warm, (not hot, not cold) roll through powdered sugar.
9. Keeps about a week (although they won’t stick around that long…) in an air-tight container.