Food Gold: My Salmon Valentine
Posted on Feb 10th, 2011 in Food Gold by Mr. Goldbar
It’s no great secret that one of my goals with Food Gold is to help people get laid by showing them how to lovingly prepare dishes for their lovers/others. With Valentine’s Day on deck, I figured it was time to dress things up a bit and show you how to make something elegant, sexy and delicious—smoked salmon Hors D’oeuvres with Creme Fraiche. There’s no real cooking here, so it is all about the presentation. Also, lest you think we are getting kinky, the reason this recipe is for 8 is to not help cater your next orgy but because you will want to eat these the next morning too, wink wink. Let’s get magical.
Sexy Smoked Salmon Hors D’eouvres with Creme Fraiche
– 4 medium sized pizza biancas, or any other thin, crispy flat breads that have good texture
– 12 ounces high quality thinly sliced smoked salmon (if you are a New Yorker, it’s Russ and Daughters or bust)
– Approx 1 cup creme fraiche
– Tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
– 1 lemon, juiced
– Dill for garnish if you fancy
1. Heat pizza bianca in toaster until crispy, then wait for them to cool down.
2. Once bread has cooled, cut into 1/2 so you have 8 pieces and divide salmon between the portions. If you want to be fancy you can fold the salmon over itself for a more elegant presentation.
3. Sprinkle a few capers on each portion. Capers are mad salty so you don’t want more than 4 or 5 on each piece.
4. Using two spoon make a quenelle out of the creme fraiche and gently place it on top of the salmon. This will win you big points, trust.
5. Finally, squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice and garnish with freshly chopped dill on top for color.
That’s it! The rest of the night is up to you.
Fork The World,