Food Gold Video Party: Pork Balls with Daniel from The Meatball Shop
Posted on Aug 18th, 2010 in Food Gold > Videos by Mr. Goldbar
This week we are driving to the hoop with a very special Food Gold Video Party! Earlier this summer, we were lucky enough to go backstage with Chef Daniel Holzman of Meatball Shop during the dinner rush to drink many beers and learn how to cook perfect pork meatballs. Tune in and catch some food porn, some dirty jokes and a whole lotta porky goodness!
PS – We are sorry the sound is a little rough but we really went in to a real working kitchen and shot what happened. Sometimes things get loud (and drunk)! Recipe after the jump.
Pork Meatballs by Daniel Holzman of Meatball Shop
(makes 24 balls)
– 2 lbs Pork Shoulder ground up by your butcher
– 1 cup pickled cherry peppers, diced up into small pieces
– 1 tablespoon salt plus more to taste
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 3 eggs, beaten
1. Season pork liberally with salt and preheat your oven to 500 degrees
2. Add remaining ingredients
3. Thoroughly mix with hands until combined but do not overmix. You just want things to come together.
4. Form into compact gold ball sized balls and place on oiled baked sheet or something that can withstand a very hot oven
5. Roast 13-15 minutes in very, very hot preheated oven
6. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes
7. Drink many beers and enjoy!
Special thanks to Lizi Gross for shooting and editing this episode. Extra special thanks to Daniel and everyone at Meatball Shop for their hospitality and good humor. They are lovey, hard working people and you should patronize their business next time you are in the LES! Support the scene and support real food!14214432