Due to an outpouring of public support, we are stepping up our game and going A/V here at Food Gold. Exciting!
For our debut episode, we got our friend Julia Jaksic, the executive chef at the wonderful West Village art deco bar/eatery Employees Only, to take us backstage in her kitchen and show us how to prepare and cook an incredibly simple and delicious Panzanella Salad topped with Seared Skirt Steak.
This is rustic peasant Italian fare at its best, which is to say it’s cheap to make, huge on flavor and super simple to execute. All the insider info is in the video but to help you along, I’ve included every step below so you can follow along.
Don’t be scurred, you can DO THIS friends!
Seared Skirt Steak With Panzanella (Bread) Salad:
1. Slice up your veggies into bite sized portions
2. Make yo vinaigrette
3. Add croutons + add yo herbz
4. Add vinaigrette to croutons and veggies, mix it up real nice and let that chill for a bit
5. Trim yo steak
6. Heat yo grill and the the oil
7. Cook that delicious steak
8. Let it rest
9. Slice it up, add to salad
10. Get crunk on wine and enjoy!
Extra Special Thanks To Julia Jaksic and Employees Only
All footage shot and edited by: Sam Heesen and Winston Case
Fork The World,